Effect of garbhasanskar and yoga on pregnancy
Introduction: The remarkable effect of these postures in pregnancy show the power of yoga for ensuring a smooth pregnancy. We decided to evaluate the effect of garbhsanskar and yoga on pregnancy outcome.
Aims & Objectives: We were aimed to study the effect of garbhasanskar & yoga on pregnancy and baby.
Material & Methods: A thorough history was collected from all the participants. Total 70 females (35 in each) primigravidawith Vertex Presentation only after 3rd month of pregnancy were participating in study of age 20 to 35 years. Study Group who were willing to attend garbhasanskar program.Patients with history of any other complication during pregnancy, chronic respiratory disease, cardiac disease etc were excluded. CONTROL GROUP consist no history of any major illness and not willing for garbhasanskar programm. The yoga program involve 1 hour session per week followed by 1/2 hours listening to audio cassette of yoga nidra by trained yoga teacher. Patients were asked to practice it daily at their home in the sequence:- Asanas, pranayama, meditation and yoga nidra. A pre-designed questionnaire was distributed in groups after delivery. Also feedback from doctor was taken. Percentage (%) of each group according to each symptoms was calculated.
Result: Reduction in all pregnancy symptoms and complications was seen in study. Also good baby birth weight and milstone development was seen.
Conclusion: Garbhasanskar and yoga in primigravida has great potential as an effective therapy to get best mother and baby health.
2. Dr.Vikram Shah ,Dr.Gitanjali Shah ;Suprajesathi Garbhasanskar;1st edition 2004,page-26,69,106.
3. Dr. A. K Jain, text book of physiology; fourth edition;volume I (2009) page-499,506,508.
4. Dr. Vijay Dhondye; Sulabhprasuti and yoga(2006) page. no37,47, 56,57,65,67,73
5. YogaNidra by Swami SatyanandSaraswati. Yoga Publication trust Munger, Bihar, India.
6. Yoganidra – Mr. VishwasMandlik, Yoga chaitanya Prakashan Nasik 3rd Edition 2002.
7. Dr. O. P. Ghai, Dr. Piyush Gupta; Essential Pediatrics, 5th edition 2000 page-117,123
8. D. C. Dutta; text book of obstretrics, 5th edition 2001page-118, 334,335,343,432,441,
9. AnantharamanV, Subramanyam S. Physiological benefits in Hatha yoga training. The Yoga Review 1983; 3: 9-24.
10. Selvamurthy W, Nayar HS, Joseph NT, Joseph S. Physiological effects of yogic practices. NIMHANS J 1983; 1: 71-80.
Copyright (c) 2016 Biomedical Review: Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Sciences (JBAMS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.