Upper Respiratory Tract Infection- Treatment Guidelines
Acute upper respiratory tract infection (AURTI) is most common public health issue and a great burden to both families and the wider society. Symptom-based therapy is the mainstay of URI treatment in immuno-competent adults. Antimicrobial or antiviral therapy is required in only few selected patients.
2. Wald ER, Applegate KE, Bordley C,Darrow DH, Glode MP, Marsy SM et al. Clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis and management of acute bacterial sinusitis in children aged 1 to 18 years. Pediatrics. 2013;132(1):e262-80.
3. Chow AW, Benninger MS, Brook I,Brozek JL, Goldstein EJ, Hicks LA et al. IDSA clinical practice guideline for acute bacterial rhinosinusitis in children and adults. Clin Infect Dis. 2012;54(8):e72-e112.
4. Lieberthal AS, Carroll AE, Chonmaitree T, et al. The diagnosis and management of acute otitis media. Pediatrics. 2013;131(3):e964-99.
5. Hersh AL, Jackson MA, Hicks LA, et al. Principles of judicious antibiotic prescribing for upper respiratory tract infections in pediatrics. Pediatrics. 2013;132(6):1146-54.
6. Shulman ST, Bisno AL, Clegg HW, et al. Clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis and management of group A streptococcal pharyngitis: 2012 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis. 2012;55(10):e86–102.
7. Fashner J, Ericson K, Werner S. Treatment of the common cold in children and adults. Am Fam Physician. 2012;86(2):153-9.
8. American Academy of Pediatrics Subcommittee on Diagnosis and Management of Bronchiolitis. Diagnosis and management of bronchiolitis. Pediatrics. 2006;118(4):1774-93.
9. Mehta M, Banode S, Chourishi A. Pattern of medications prescribed for URI (upper respiratory tract infection) patients in medicine OPD of tertiary care teaching hospital, Ujjain. Biomed Rev: J Basic Appl Med Sci 2015;2(4)82-86. doi: 10.17511/jbams.2015.i4.03.
Copyright (c) 2015 Biomedical Review: Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Sciences (JBAMS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.